At North Kent Yoga, I have a duty to protect and respect your privacy. Please take the time to read my policy carefully to understand my views and practices regarding your personal data and how I will treat it.
What information do I Collect?
Health information, contact details, Yoga practice history, regular physical activity reasons for wanting a class and next of kin contact information.
Why do I Collect Your personal data?
- I need to collect personal information about your health, fitness and reasons for wanting a class, to ensure I can tailor a class to suit your individual needs, ensuring you are safe and happy during the class.
- Your requesting a Yoga class and my agreement to provide that constitutes a contract. You can, of course, refuse to provide the information, but if you were to do so, I may not be able to provide treatment.
- I have a legitimate interest in collecting that information, because without it I couldn’t do my job effectively and safely.
- I also think that it’s important to be able to contact you regarding the group or private classes you attend or have enquired about. This again constitutes legitimate interest.
- Emergency Contact information is collected solely for use in an emergency, should I need to contact your next of kin or give this information to the emergency services. This is the only information that would be shared with a third party, and only in the context of an emergency.
What do I do with it?
- I am the only person who reads your forms, however if another teacher is covering the class I may need to share select important information from the form for them to teach you safely.
- You have the right to ask me not to be this, but this may mean the cover teacher is unable to safely teach you. I will never give out your contact information without your permission.
- The health questionnaires you fill out are all stored in a locked safe place and any contact details extracted from them are stored in a password protected device/location.
- I may occasionally send you general health information in the form of articles, advice links to other websites. If you do not wish me to contact you with this information, please inform me in person or by contacting me (the data controller) on the contact us link at the bottom of the page.
- The health questionnaires need to be stored for 7 years after you stop being my student for insurance purposes.
- You have the right to see what personal data of yours I hold, and you should also ask us to correct any factual errors. Provided the legal minimum retention period has elapsed, you can also ask us to delete or destroy your records.
Links to other web sites
I am not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from North Kent Yoga, nor the information or content contained in them. Please remember that when you use a link to go from North Kent Yoga to another website, my Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including those that have a link on our website, is subject to that website’s own rules and policies. Please read those rules and policies before proceeding.
Cookies and IP addresses collected by this website
I may store information about you using cookies (files which are sent by us to your computer or other access device) which I can access when you visit my site in future. We may also collect your device’s IP address as part of the basic functioning of this website. We do this to allow the website to function properly.
Please note that by deleting my cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of my site
If you no longer wish to be contacted by North Kent Yoga, you can at any time choose to opt out from receiving any communications from me, by contacting me (the data controller) on contact us link at the bottom of the page.
Notification of policy changes
I may from time to time update and amend my policy. When I do so I will update the last updated date at the bottom of the page. I shall also notify you of any changes by email with a web link or by letter with a hard copy the for non-tech savvy.
I want you to be confident that I am treating your personal data responsibly, and that I’m doing everything I can to make sure that the only people who can access that data have a genuine need to do so. Of course, if you feel that I’m mishandling your personal data in some way, you have the right to make a complaint to me (the data controller) at the contact us link at the bottom of the page.
If you are not satisfied with my response, then you have the right to raise the matter with the Information Commissioner’s Office. https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or 0303 123 1113
Data Protection Law means that you have extensive rights regarding the collection, storage and use of your data. Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) you have the following rights as an individual regarding your data:
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- The right to rectification
- The right to erasure (with limitations imposed by insurance regulations)
- The right to restrict processing
- The right to data portability
- The right to object
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling
Data Controller - Mrs Julie A. Dodd, North Kent Yoga - Contact Us - Last updated May 8th 2018